Recommended

9 Dec 2012

Boys can be insecure too!


The Saturday that has just passed I attended the birthday of one of my best friends Stephanie. It was advertised as a pool party and surprisingly Melbourne was forecasted to be a lovely 38 degrees C which, for those of you who use fahrenheit, would be about 100 degrees. I opted for casual clothing and wore turquoise bathers which I believe were from Billabong although I could be wrong. The rest of my outfit is from Valleygirl which although can be cheap and nasty a lot of the time, makes up most of my summer wardrobe. I also made the mistake of wearing thongs (flip flops) which put me at a great height disadvantage causing various individuals to ask if they could play 'throw a midget in a pool' with me. ANYWAY, that is beside the point.

It was actually a superb day but the party didn't start until 7:30pm, or 8:00 according to my schedule, and by this time good old Melbourne had decided to radically change in temperature to about 20 degrees, not the best weather for swimming. I however am not one for being soft and after assessing the water temperature (which was actually very warm!) i and about fifteen other girls and guys jumped in. A few of the girls were hesitant at first and let's face it, we've all looked at ourselves in a bikini before and thought 'please tell me that's not my reflection' but in the end they got over it. We all have our imperfections but who's to say that muffin top or those non existent boobs are going to stop us from having fun? I was having a great time until I realized that a few boys were just standing by the pool even though they had boardies on and clearly wanted to swim. I wasn't the only one who saw them and soon enough everyone was telling them to go in. Now we're all pretty laid back people and one of the boys didn't hesitate to yell back in response "You wouldn't want to see the fat show."

Well excuse me but what!? I had no idea boys could be so sensitive about their bather bodies! Girls...sure, but guys? Neither of the boys were strangely overweight or underweight and in fact on of them was a competitive swimmer so I was absolutely shocked at this outburst. I think it just goes to show that we're all a little insecure sometimes, but we need to realise that the flaws we see in ourselves are absolutely off the radar of everyone else around us. I think you should be proud of your body no matter what you look like, and if you aren't proud of it, ask yourself why. Is the only reason because you think other girls are prettier than you or other guys pick up more girls because they have more muscle? If so, get a grip! You need to work what you got and love the body you've been given! If you think you're unhealthy find a healthy solution to change it!

Well okay...there was my first ever blog post, I'm aware the quality was rather average but if you've read all the way to this point I think I've achieved something after all! Now I'm off for a jog over to the neighbours, bonjour! .xx

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog! I clicked through to yours and really enjoyed your first post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anytime Amy! Thank-you so much that really means a lot :)

      Delete
  2. i think everyone's a little bit insecure with their looks - no one looks in the mirror and sees no flaws!!
    great first post! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you so much for reading my first blog post I am heading over to your blog now to take a look :)

      Delete