Recommended

17 Dec 2012

Think, Do, Be POSITIVE!




So 2012 is coming to a close and I'm sure for many of you there have been some amazing, and some devastating moments that you are looking back on. HSC or VCE students in Australia would have received their ATAR scores today which may or may not have been something to smile about. If you have facebook it's worth checking out the '2012 Year in Review' feature they have released, it shows a montage of pictures, videos and posts that have been popular over the year, for me this was a beautiful experience. Just to see all the amazing experiences and opportunities I have been presented with throughout the last 12 months gives me something to be proud of.

I think if I had to pinpoint one aspect of 2012 I'm most thankful for it would be my change in attitude. I've become a lot more open and definitely more positive to life in general! We are so blessed and I know everyone has their own demons and I can't lie I have gone through some pretty rough patches this year regarding sickness and such things, but when you take a moment and think about the bigger picture, that was nothing I couldn't overcome and look where I am now! 

I have had an absolutely incredible group of friends for the last few years and each one of them has taught me something different, whether that be patience, positivity, restraint or even helping strengthen my relationship with God! But this year I have been really lucky to expand my friendship to other people who I didn't expect to become friends with, I think I had become a little closed off which I know many of you would have too! I always talked to other people but never enough to get to know them. But I'm so glad I have!

Another positive part of my life in 2012 has been my involvement in the community. I've always been somewhat of an activist through both PETA and Greenpeace (check out their websites guys!) but this year I've actually taken a stand, advertising campaigns and spreading the word through my family and friends, and I couldn't be more proud of what we have achieved.

I really encourage YOU, yes you who is reading this post, to think positive thoughts :) Next year is going to be a new year full of friendships, relationships, new experiences, more opportunities and a chance to be proud of what you have achieved :) Lets start 2013 off on a positive note!

If you ever have any bad experiences you need to talk about, whether that be illness, death, school, relationships, ANYTHING, please don't hesitate to message me via tumblr (c-rystallisation.tumblr.com) or via email (catiee.dumergue@live.com) because I will always reply with help!! Trust me I've seen a lot and you don't have to go through anything alone, ever!

Lastly, I saw this on tumblr and I think it's a brilliant idea! :) Take a jar and label it 2013, I'm decorating mine with ribbons and glitter to make it pretty but it's completely up to you to decorate your 2013 jar. Once you're happy began filling the jar with any happy memories that occur throughout 2013. As soon as something funny or sweet or crazy happens document it on some paper and slip it into the jar. By the end of the year you will have a year full of amazing memories that you can look back on and cherish!

Thank-you to anyone that reads this you're all beautiful and I appreciate it so much!

Much love, Catie (Bambi)


No comments:

Post a Comment